Monday, April 27, 2009

A Lazy Weekend With Soon-To-Be-Auntie Chey!

My relaxing weekend with Cheyenne is coming to an end. :( I do take comfort in knowing that she is a great friend, and will most definitely come back to help out once the baby is born! That time seems so far away, but I know that once it comes, it'll feel like my pregnancy went really fast! (Or so I hope!)

There are so many things that I feel like I need to start researching now. Strollers, car seats, high chairs, etc. How do you know what the best ones are? I feel like I can only rely on the personal experience of people I know who actually have had kids recently... It's been too long since my mom had my little brother to be of much help with the current baby gear. So, Ali, as of right now, that means you have to help me! Actually, any thoughts that anyone wants to contribute would be greatly appreciated! Although that doesn't mean that I'll follow everyone's advice. But I'll absorb as much as I can!

1 comment:

  1. hehe... oh i love the baby gear (and have TONS of it... that just sits around. SO unless I'm knocked up, in which i would DIE... it's all game for you to use!! Literally, our swing holds clothes...etc.) But great idea...

    infant stroller / carseat combo- Graco Quattro (peg pergo seems the best... but it's a POS!!)
    bigger carseat- Britax
    jogging stroller- BOB Revolution
    swing- fisher price papasean ones
    pack n play- the more expensive graco ones with the changing table on the top... this will save your life
    baby carriers- moby wrap and Ergo carrier (dude... that is the only thing that put cameron to sleep LAST NIGHT... and he's ONE. LOL. I used those ever day from like 4 weeks to 8 months!)
    highchair- graco one that folds flat
    also get a bebe pod - great for going to someone's house to eat (c uses this at my mom's every other night!), outside, practicing to sit when they are little. Apparently it's 'better' for their backs than the bumbo seat.

    I have a box of books for you to read. DON"T go buy all of them... you will never touch them once the baby is there!
    Call me and we'll get together, and I'll give them to you to read!
    There is only ONE i recommend buying- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Mark Weissbluth (sp?) . My bible

    ReplyDelete